Thursday, May 25, 2006

Superman! We Need You

Well Lois might think you're a chump, but you're our only hope for this summer now.

X-Men kinda failed to hit home for me. I was disappointed by it as a movie. Sure, it had some great moments, some excellant fanboy dialogue and events, but it just wasn't good enough.

I'm not going to be so arrogant as to point out moments I didn't like right here. There are people reading this that haven't seen it yet.

However, I hate people who don't back up their arguements with facts, or simply post statements like "That was gay". As such I will say I enjoyed the movie. The camera work and directing was ok. There were some scenes that played too heavily for me, in a "look how evil he really is" sorta way. The music never bothered me. It didn't stand out like some of the pieces in the earlier movies, but it was never bad. The make-up and effects were awesome. Beast was really well done, Mystique was great as always and Storm actually got to show off cool powers.

For now, that is all. I really wanted to love this movie, but I just can't. It's enjoyable, but ultimately disappointing.

Bring on Superman! The more I see of this, the more I'm looking forward to it. And now that I've seen X-Men, the Man of Steel may be the hit of the summer. Brian Singer wins again! The newest, and so far best, trailer is available here. Right click on the link and pick "save target as", or "save link as" for you FireFox users to download this trailer and watch it over and over again at home!

1 comment:

Weefz said...

Yeah, I found it disappointing as well. I think maybe it was too superficial. It glossed over really complex issues in favour of trying to set up an epic battle and in the end, didn't manage to be as grandiose as it thought it was.