Thursday, May 11, 2006

E3 stuff

Ok, ok. So I know I just posted about how I had very little to say this week, but then I started reading about E3 from Joystiq. Here's the interesting stuff for me.



  • New Super Smash Bros!! The most played game on my GameCube! This is the first I've heard of this! Why?!? Er... I guess that's what E3 is for! Sweet.




  • New Resident Evil exclusive to Nintendo. We might still be losing RE5, but at least Wii is getting an RE game to itself! The controller could make this a helluva fun gaming experience! The thought of getting frightened by a monster, jumping in real life and watching as your character onscreen swings wildly around, reacting to the Wiimote tilt-sensor is just all too funny to me!




  • A hands-on impression of the Wiimote (yes, that's what it's been nicknamed!). I'm personally all-in for this controller. I love the innovation, design, and the game-styles that are getting released to use it. This is going to be a blast to use. I remember people talking about the "gimmick" of the DS touch-screen, yet now we have so many games using it in a variety of ways. It's so clever and perfect for interacting with a virtual world in the right games. I'm just glad they know when not to use it, รก la Mario Kart DS!

    So it's pretty obvious that I'm a huge Nintendo fan. In fact, most of my family is. We have a few GameBoys, two GameBoy Advances and a GB SP, two DS's, a NES, a SuperNES, two N64's, two GameCubes and a tonne of games for them all between my home in Tipperary and here in Cork (that explains all of the doubling up on the consoles. We're not so bad as to have two of a console in one household!). Some of the game highlights include two copies each of the two Donkey Konga games, as well as two full sets of Bongos (that's eight in total for those of you with mathemetics difficulties!), the light-gun for the NES and the Super Scope for the SuperNES, three WaveBird controllers and the hard-to-get game disc that contained GameCube playable versions of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest and Majoras Mask. Once the Nintendo Wii is released later this year, we'll have two of them also! Nintendo love us!
  • No comments: