Sunday, November 29, 2020

The GIF That Took Some Getting

Spent a lot of today working on some fun creative stuff. 

I did a bunch of photography in the morning, for two main purposes, neither of which I can reveal just now, but both projects are seasonal themed, and very different from each other.

This evening, I did a bunch of fun editing on the second batch of photos I took. I use Procreate on my iPad to do all my drawing, and it works okay as a photo editor. Unfortunately, I actually discovered a bug in Procreate this evening while working. I was trying to make a nice, simple, animated GIF. When I saved it at full resolution, it worked fine, but was far too big to do very much with, including sending via Whatsapp or posting to Twitter...the two platforms I wanted the GIF for. 

In order to back my way around it, I had to save the animation as a 4 second MP4 and send it to my phone. From there, I had to send it by Whatsapp to my wife's phone but instead of sending the video, choose to send it as a GIF and let Whatsapp convert it. Once my wife's phone had it, I send it back to my phone and saved the GIF to my photostream. 

And that's how I created a stupid GIF of a silly gag that no one else will care about, but makes me smile. You might see it on my Twitter feed on Tuesday morning. It might make you smile too. 

No comments: