Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Mad As Heck

The current global pandemic has been hard on everyone... Actually, it's been hard on everyone that has at least a modicum of humanity and community. While we're all isolating and wearing masks and avoiding contact with friends and family, the few that aren't are ruining it for the rest of us. 

We've tried so hard to stay safe. We wore masks in stores for months, but now I'm wearing one pretty much as soon as I step outside my home. My kids wear their masks when asked, and they haven't played with their friends at the playground in weeks. 

But it doesn't matter. No matter how careful we are, because others don't care, because others throw up their arms and steam about freedom and oppression, my family is stuck in a lockdown again. It makes me furious. If people cared more for each other, we'd be doing well enough that these restrictions wouldn't be needed.

I can't abide idiots, particularly idiots that harm my family without a care. 

Ugh. I miss friends. I wish I was more of an uncaring asshole. 

No comments: