Monday, November 23, 2020

Daily Post Push

I've rarely had a plan for what I'm going to write from day to day during this challenge month. For over half of the posts so far, I've sat down at my iPad with a blank page before me and a blank mind inside me. My days are too busy to spend it thinking up great ideas, my evenings are spent relaxing and doing exercises. 

So what usually happens is that I sit down and start writing something with a plan on where it will go. Then about a paragraph or two in, I realize I have a much better thing I want to talk about, and I just scrap the whole bit I've written up to then. 

What I end up with after that is mostly a stream of consciousness tale. I just let the story of what I want to write flow, and I've been happy with them like that. They read more natural in the end, and they feel more personal when I look back on them.

It does mean that, while I aim to write at least 150 words for the challenge, I usually end up at around the 220 word mark, but it takes writing about 300 words to get there.

I actually did plan this post ahead of time, and it's exactly 220 words.

No comments: