Saturday, June 03, 2006

Another Fun Day

Met up with some of my college mates today and had dinner in Captain Americas.

Started out going into town with Claire and getting a snack in Wagamamas, where we also met Andrea and Thomas. Then wandered around town until we met Sharon. Headed back to our place to let Claire get changed before back into town to meet up with Andrea and Thomas, who had gone clothes shopping.

Sharon went shopping with her sister while Andrea, Thomas, Claire and I went to LeisurePlex for bowling before food. As soon as I walked through the door I was stunned to find Mario Kart arcade game right there!! I never thought I'd get to play this game in Ireland! Thomas and I had a go, him as Donkey Kong, me as Toad. I got off to a bad start, but it was neck and neck for the last two laps. In the end, Thomas was victorious by just a few tenths of a second. Well done.

Food was great. I love meeting up with everyone whenever I can, and we regularly find excuses too. Someone was celebrating her birthday a few tables down, and some of the staff sang "Happy Birthday" to her. The others decided it would be funny to do that for me, so I ended up with a chocolate brownie with a candle in it while they sang. How embarassing.

And the sun was blasting down the whole time!

All in all, a great day!!

No comments: