Monday, January 08, 2007

HTML Help

I've put up with it for a while, but now I'm asking for help. Is there any way I can make the margins on both sides of the page about half as small?? There is just so much empty space!! I know it makes it look clean and bright, but if I want to use images in my posts, I have to use the smallest options, or else I end up with text down one side of the image, one word a line! And that just looks silly. I just want there to be a few more words per line in the posts, nothing drastic.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Cian said...

To widen your posts . . .

open the html template section in your blog options

towards the start of the html there should be a thing like

/*
-----------------------------------------------
Blogger Template Style
Name: Minima
Designer: Douglas Bowman
URL: www.stopdesign.com
Date: 26 Feb 2004
Updated by: Blogger Team
----------------------------------------------- */


a bit below that (about 70 lines down) there will be

#header-wrapper {
width:660px;
margin:0 auto 10px;
border:1px solid #cccccc;
}

a bit further . . .

#outer-wrapper {
width: 660px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:left;
font: normal normal 100% Georgia, Serif;
}

and then . . .

#main-wrapper {
width: 410px;
float: left;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}

The bold lines are the ones you have to change, the 660 is the overall width of your blog (the first one is the width of the header) and the 410 is the width of your blog posts, increase these as you wish (but I'd increase them by the same amount).