Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

Seeing the unequaled talent of Sir Anthony Hopkins delivering the final monologue from Bladerunners Roy Batty, played by the incredible Rutger Hauer, sent shivers down my spine when I saw it just now on TV. The dialgue is haunting and beautiful, and to hear Hopkins recite it so naturally is surprisingly emotional.

Ironically, despite the fact that this is an advertisment for Sky HD, there is no HD version around! Harhar!

The original Bladerunner scene is easily one of my favourite moments from cinema history.

All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.

1 comment:

ihsan said...

Yes, I too found Hopkins' eloquent rendering of Hauer's famous soliloquy an incredible "moment" ... It is without doubt one of the greatest, most moving scenes in cinematic history, forever emblazoned on the hearts and minds of many.