Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Perfect Crime

Claire gets emails for every transaction on our credit card, which is great for security, but terrible for surprises. In the age of Covid, most of my gift shopping is done online. It’s kinda frustrating to order the perfect gift, only to have my darling wife ask if I know anything about a transaction from “Gifts For Claire dot com”.  The best I can hope for is explaining away a purchase from Amazon

But, I have recently discovered the perfect solution! Related, I also recently discovered that my darling Claire doesn’t read my blog. 

And so, dear Reader, I am free to explain my cunning plan. 

You see, I got a reloadable Visa card from Safeway and loaded enough to cover Claire’s gift on it. Genius! She’ll never suspect a thing. It’s not like I’ve posted it publicly online for anyone to read…

Okay. Not that cunning, but I’m pretty proud. 

I’ve now ordered the bulk of Claire’s Christmas gifts online. Next, I just need to make sure I get to the post first when they arrive. Apparently, opening mail addressed to another person doesn’t count as a federal crime if you’re married to the other person.

No comments: